Parking on campus is a privilege for Senior students. All non-Seniors who have Student Parking Permits, as well as Seniors with parking permits who are not able to find parking on campus, must use the Sears Shuttle. To receive a parking pass, students must complete the Parking Permit Application and show their valid driver’s license at the Welcome Center. Please refer to the Transportation section of the Parent/Student Handbook for additional information.
Parents interested in setting up a carpool for their student should fill out the Carpool Interest Form. Families will be matched up with other families by zip code and can then coordinate carpools to and from school with each other.
Sears Shuttle Service
Orange Lutheran provides a shuttle service between the rear parking lot of the Sears Auto Center (corner of Meats and Canal) in Orange and campus for students who either park there or are dropped off by their parents. Parental permission via the Sears Shuttle Permission Form is required prior to the student riding the shuttle. Shuttle imes are subject to change as the need is observed. For questions concerning the Sears Shuttle, please contact Barbara Joslin, Transportation Coordinator, at email@example.com.
South Route Shuttle Service
Orange Lutheran also provides a shuttle service for our students from the Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and Tustin areas (South Route) for a nominal fee. See below for South Route Shuttle FAQ. If you would like to have your student participate in this service, please complete the South Route Shuttle Permission Form. For questions concerning the South Route Shuttle, please contact Barbara Joslin, Transportation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Route Shuttle FAQ
Shuttle Stops and Times
What are the morning pickup locations and times?
Locations and pickup times are in order as follows:
- Pick up at 6:15 am at Faith Lutheran Church (Beach & Ellis – 8200 Ellis Ave., Huntington Beach, 92646)
- Pick up at 6:45 am at Rock Harbor Church (Fischer & Airway – 345 Fischer Ave., Costa Mesa 92626)
- Pick up at 7:15 am at Red Hill Lutheran Church and School (Red Hill & Bryan – 13200 Red Hill Ave., Tustin 92780)
Changes to the pickup times will be communicated via email to all riders as needed.
What are the afternoon dropoff locations and times?
The shuttle departs Orange Lutheran at 4:00 pm. Afternoon drop-off times are approximate:
- Drop off at 4:15 pm at Red Hill Lutheran Church and School (Red Hill & Bryan – 13200 Red Hill Ave., Tustin 92780)
- Drop off at 4:35 pm at Rock Harbor Church (Fischer & Airway – 345 Fischer Ave., Costa Mesa 92626)
- Drop off at 5:00 pm at Faith Lutheran Church (Beach & Ellis – 8200 Ellis Ave., Huntington Beach 92646)
Changes to drop off times will be communicated via email to all riders as needed.
Registration and Billing
How much does the South Route Shuttle cost and how are we billed?
Payments will be billed each month through the student’s FACTS Management Incidental Billing account and will grant your student access to the transportation route during the school year.
Pricing is as follows:
- Faith Lutheran: $247.00 per month round trip; $124.00 per month one way.
- Rock Harbor: $190.00 per month round trip; $95.00 per month one way.
- Red Hill: $127.00 per month round trip; $63.00 per month one way.
A long-term commitment is not required. However, any changes to service must be in writing and emailed to email@example.com.
Do we need to sign an agreement committing to the entire school year?
No long-term commitment is required, but a parent/guardian MUST complete the South Route Shuttle Permission Form in order for their student to ride the bus. Sign up for the Huntington Beach, Rock Harbor, or Red Hill location, round trip or one way. Please indicate AM or PM if choosing one way. Any changes to service must be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What type of vehicle will the students be transported in?
Students are transported in yellow school buses. The buses are fully certified by the California Highway Patrol.
Do the buses have seat belts?
While some buses are fitted with seat belts, and others are not, all of the buses are fully compliant with state and federal laws pertaining to seat belts.
Is there open seating on the bus?
Who are the bus drivers?
All of the drivers are either employees of Orange Lutheran High School, or have been contracted by Orange Lutheran High School, and have completed all of the DMV exams to drive a bus and transport students. Background checks, drug tests, physicals, and extensive training have been done in order to ensure that all drivers act in accordance with the mission and values of Orange Lutheran High School.
What are the credentials, licenses, and experience levels of the bus drivers?
All drivers have completed a minimum of 40 hours of instruction.
- 20 hours of classroom instruction
- 20 hours of behind the wheel instruction
Additionally, all school bus and SPAB (School Pupil Activity Bus) drivers have and maintain:
- Class A or B license, with a Passenger Endorsement, issued by the DMV
- School Bus Certificate, or SPAB Certificate, issued by the California Highway Patrol
- Physical every two years (annually, if 65 years of age or older)
- First Aid Certification (biennial certification)
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance by the California Highway Patrol
- Pre-employment drug testing and random drug and alcohol testing thereafter
- Demonstrate, and maintain, proficiency in driving skills
If my student will not be taking the bus for one or both legs of the trip on any given day, what are the procedures for letting the driver know?
The driver will abide by the scheduled times of arrival and departure that will be clearly stated. If your child is not on the bus, it is the child’s responsibility to contact his/her parents/guardians to arrange for alternative transportation.