Established in 1973, Orange Lutheran High School (Lutheran High School of Orange County) is a top-tier, private high school in Southern California that welcomes students from all around the globe who are prepared to join mainstream classes.
Orange Lutheran offers college-preparatory academics, including many Advanced Placement (AP) and honors-level courses in addition to a well-rounded education with many opportunities in athletics, visual and performing arts. So that we can best meet the needs of our international students and their families, we have established the International Support Program (ISP), which allows us to deliver comprehensive resources for a diverse population of learners.
If you are not a U.S. citizen with a U.S. birth certificate or a U.S. passport, you should apply for admission as an international student. International student applicants include all students who will be entering, or have already entered the U.S. with a student visa, as well as all other students in the process of obtaining a Green Card, those holding a Green Card, or other non-immigrant visa.
Students who enroll at Orange Lutheran High School and have been determined as an international student through means of their status, application, interview, and records, will retain their status as “international student” for the duration of their tenure. The international student tuition and fees policies apply for all years at Orange Lutheran High School.
If you feel you have a unique or rare circumstance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk To Us
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM
2020-2021 Tuition & Fees:
- Tuition – $30,200
- International Student Registration Fee (non-refundable) – $1,700
- Mandatory Health Insurance – $750
- Late Fee (assessed on all past due amounts) – $30
Age Requirement for Admission
- Students must be at least 14 years of age to be eligible to enroll at the start of their freshman year.
- Student must graduate prior to the age of 20.
English Proficiency Requirement for Admission
In order to be considered for admission, the student must present proof of one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT – minimum score of 73
- TOEFL Jr. – minimum score of 800
- iTEP SLATE – minimum score of 4.3
- IELTS – minimum score of 6.0
- Duolingo English Test – minimum score of 95
- We require all international students, even if age 18 or older, to live with either a parent, guardian, or homestay for the entirety of their time at Orange Lutheran.
- Orange Lutheran does not provide homestay, but we require all students to go through Homestay Services International (HSI) for their homestay placement (link opens in a new window). If you have questions about this, please contact HSI directly.
International Student Counselor
Ms. Kyla Laulhere serves as International Student Counselor for all international students throughout their time as students at Orange Lutheran.
English Language Development
Orange Lutheran does not offer an English as a Second Language (ESL) program, therefore, the international students are expected to know English well enough to handle all classes without any special assistance or modifications. However, all international students must take an English Language Development (ELD) course. This class is taken in conjunction with their English class during their first year.
How many International Students attend Orange Lutheran?
- About 65
Does Orange Lutheran accept spring enrollment for International Students?
- We do not accept spring enrollment for International Students.
When do International Students take the placement test?
- This varies based on their acceptance date. There are scheduled placement test dates, however, if students are traveling from outside the country, it can be offered prior to the start of the school year.
Are International Students eligible to receive financial aid?
- Unfortunately, International Students are not eligible for any form of financial aid.
May International Students take online classes?
- Yes, International Students are eligible to take online classes, however, the International Student tuition rate applies. For more information and limitations, please email email@example.com.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION PROCESS
The applications for international students will be reviewed after all of the following steps are completed and the $50 application fee has been received.
Step 1: Complete online application and submit $50 application fee.
Step 2: Log in to your SchoolAdmin profile to complete the Admissions Checklist. Please see Supplemental Application Documents for additional application pieces. Note: Many items will require a parent’s signature. Scanned copies can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: After an online application and all documents have been received, the Admissions team will contact you to schedule an interview and placement test (if needed).
Step 4: Students will be notified of admission decision via phone or email within two weeks of interview.
Step 5: Within 10 days of admission decision notification, students must complete the OLu Commitment form and submit the registration fee online.
Step 6: Once the registration fee has been paid, the International Admissions Officer will mail the student their I-20 visa. For transfer students, Orange Lutheran’s I-20 will be issued after the student’s SEVIS record is released from their current school.
INTERNATIONAL CAMPUS TOURS
Visit our campus and experience what it feels like to be a Lancer! Campus visits for prospective international students and their families are available Monday-Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. Your visit will include a campus tour and time to speak with our International Admissions Officer. Scheduling your tour ahead of your visit is preferred, but not required.
To schedule a campus tour, please email email@example.com.