Leading the state with one of the best student-to-counselor ratios, nine passionate and specifically trained counselors work one-on-one with students to enhance the learning process and promote career, academic, and social-emotional development. Orange Lutheran is focused on helping students discover their strengths and unique gifts so that they can become authentic, well-rounded individuals who are prepared for college and life beyond high school. With two freshman-only counselors, we are also dedicated to providing our newest Lancers with assistance as they make the transition into high school.
For our 10th-12th graders, our counselors provide a wide variety of support services including one-on-one college planning appointments, grade-level seminars, and much more. International students work with a dedicated international student counselor who is well-versed in meeting the unique needs of these learners and provides assistance as they are introduced to a new culture and helps them to embrace the American high school experience at OLu.
Orange Lutheran is committed to giving every student the support they need to choose a college or university that best fits them academically, socially, and spiritually. The Counseling & College Planning Department is available to students and parents in several ways:
- Empower students during the college decision-making process through one-on-one college planning appointments and encouragement to find the college that is the best fit for them
- Counsel students regarding relevant testing (SAT, ACT, etc.) procedures and dates as well as providing practice test opportunities
- Offer unique comprehensive college planning seminars for each grade level as well as seminars on topics such as college athletics, college financial aid, and transitioning to college
- Assist with college and career exploration using Naviance Student
- Guidance tailored for future collegiate athletes with our NCAA Adviser
- Assist students and parents with all questions and concerns related to academic advising and college planning
COLLEGE CONSULTING PLUS+
For those who desire a private college consultant, we are proud to offer our College Consulting Plus+ program. Our counseling experts specialize in providing a complete review of the college application process including step-by-step support, essay writing assistance, personality and learning style assessments, career inventories, and a series of prescribed planning meetings.
COLLEGE ATHLETICS ADVISING
Student-athletes have specific concerns that require additional counselor advice and support. Our College Athletics Adviser provides expertise in reviewing a student’s core course requirements for both the NCAA and NAIA eligibility centers, assisting with understanding recruiting rules, as well as providing guidance for marketing direction with prospective college athletes.
CAREER & INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS
Focused on exposing students to a variety of majors and career paths through internships on and off-campus, students gain valuable experience in resume writing, applying, interviewing, and working, as they complete a 50-hour internship under the mentorship of a professional.
AP & HONORS COURSES
For those students who are seeking the most rigorous course load, we offer 20 honors level courses and 19 Advanced Placement (AP) courses taught by expert teachers who inspire and challenge our students. Our AP students consistently score significantly higher than California and national averages.