The mission of the Orange Lutheran High School Thrift Shop is to support the Christian character and education of Orange Lutheran High School students through financial assistance and reach out through ministry to our community.
The original Lutheran High School Thrift Shop opened in 1969 on Chapman Ave. at Prospect and was open for nearly 20 years. The shop eventually closed, but after a few years, it was decided that a thrift shop was needed to provide for student financial assistance. In 1994 the Lutheran High School Thrift Shop opened at 686 N. Tustin St., located in the building we now call the furniture store. Within a few years, we outgrew that space and took over the adjacent building which is our present location. The main store houses clothing, household goods, media, electronics, jewelry, and collectibles. In the furniture store, you will find furniture, refrigerators, lamps and mirrors, medical equipment and rugs.
How is our thrift shop different from other thrift shops? Our shop is clean and organized, we have the best prices in town, and we know many of our customers by name plus what they are looking for!
WAYS TO GIVE
Donate goods – We accept furniture, appliances, clothing, household goods, electronic devices, fabric and craft items, bedding and linens, books, CDs, and DVDs.
- Donations are accepted from 10 am-2 pm, Monday through Saturday, at the back of the store.
- For large item pickups, please call 714-289-1182. Pickups are done on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- We do not accept mattresses, food, washers, dryers, built-in appliances, pianos, car seats, or strollers.
Volunteer – We are always looking for volunteers to help with processing donations, cashiering, and driving the truck. OLu students, please click here to schedule all Financial Aid and Service to Society hours, with the exception of truck drivers. Please call the Thrift Shop to drive the truck.
Shop – We stock the floor daily with new merchandise. Please support our cause by shopping here first for those special treasures!
- Daily Deals
- Monday – Books are buy one, get one free* (equal or lesser value)
- Tuesday – 50% off all stuffed animals
- Wednesday – 50% off all shoes*
- Thursday – All $1 kids and $2 adult t-shirts are 50¢
- Friday – 50% off all pictures and frames
- Monthly Deals
- First Saturday – 50% off select furniture* / 50% off select adult and kids clothing (includes One Step Up)
- Second Saturday – 50% off all jewelry*
- Third Saturday – $1 select adult and kids clothing (includes One Step Up)
- Fourth Saturday – 50% off all housewares and home decor* (linens, seasonal, and collectibles excluded)
- Fifth Saturday – 50% off all collectibles*
*Red-Starred items are not included in any sale/discount
Are you a new volunteer?
Watch this video orientation before serving for the first time.
Interested in driving the Thrift Shop truck?
Please call Suzanne, Michele, or Rod at the Thrift Shop for available dates and details.
Orange Lutheran High School Thrift Shop
676 N. Tustin St., Orange, CA 92867