The Board of Directors is the governing body for Orange Lutheran. They oversee and manage all financial aspects and policies including management of the Executive Director, and therefore all staff and faculty therein, ensuring compliance with Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. The purpose of the Board of Directors is to establish high standards of excellence in Christ-centered education, assure the sustainability of the ministry of Orange Lutheran High School, and provide accountability to its constituent groups. The Board of Directors will ensure that Orange Lutheran High School:
- Provides a Christ-centered Lutheran education
- Makes students its number one priority
- Creates Christian citizens for a global world through teaching a Biblical worldview
- Strives to make disciples where faith is internalized. Faith is lived out through a focus on service, missions, and vocational choices.
- Has an intentional connection with stakeholders, spiritual leadership, and lay involvement
- Has transparent accountability and clear communication
2022-23 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Amy Blain – Board Chair/President
- Walt Luchinger – Vice Chair
- Robert van der Goes – Secretary
- Linda Christopher
- Daryl Cole
- Rev. Scott Christenson
- Rev. Tim Eaton
- Jennifer Glicker
- Robin Gomes
- Peggy Greene
- David Heim
- Susan Hirzel
- Marlo Mole
- Rev. Drew Ross
- Andy Seagren
- William Sonsma
- Michelle Southall
SEPTEMBER 2023 BOARD OPENINGS
Five Board positions are up for election in September 2023. There are two open positions and three incumbents who are seeking re-election for a second term.
Board members of the High School Association have a broad authority to lead the school. Through its internal policies, the Board does not involve itself in the day-to-day operations of the school. Rather it leads by approving and monitoring the schools strategic plan, setting policies where appropriate and supervising the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director.
Open Board positions are as follows:
- One Ordained Lutheran Pastor (New candidate as incumbent is not seeking re-election)
- One Non-ordained LCMS Rostered Teacher (incumbent is seeking re-election)
- Three Lay Directors (2 incumbents seeking re-election and 1 new Lay as incumbent is not seeking re-election)
Preferred Qualities of new Board members:
- Must be active in a Member Congregation – Skill Sets Needed:
- Financial Executive Experience
- Human Resources Executive or Labor Law Attorney
- General Legal Background/Lawyer
- Cultural or Racial diversity
All candidates must be strongly supportive of Orange Lutheran High School and its ministry and mission. Nominated candidates should willingly support the school financially as one of their primary personal charities. Candidates should also support the school by being an active cheerleader / supporter of the ministry in many public settings and be able to connect donors to the Executive Staff and other Board Members.
General Duties of the Board Member includes:
- Participate in five regular Board meetings per year.
- Participate in one full day annual Strategic Planning retreat.
- Attend one annual Delegate meeting.
- Attend fundraising and social events as available.
Board members initially serve for a three-year term and are eligible to serve two consecutive terms. After serving two consecutive terms, Board members must take a break for 11 months before they can be nominated to serve again.
Nominations for the Board of Directors should be sent to Mary Scott, CEO/Executive Director, at (714) 998-5151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.