About Association Churches
During the initial establishment of the school, local Lutheran churches, now considered Association Member Churches, worked with the Lutheran High School Association of Orange County to provide prayer, funding, wisdom, and guidance and continue to do so to this day. Each of the Association Member Congregations has delegates, who serve as liaisons between Orange Lutheran and the Member Congregation. The delegates also elect the Board of Directors for Orange Lutheran and address any other matters that require their attention, per the Bylaws.
About the Lutheran High School Association of Orange County and its Delegates
The Lutheran High School Association of Orange County is currently made up of 20 Member Congregations. These Member Congregations support the mission of the High School. Each Member Congregation annually selects delegates that consist of the Head Pastor of the Member Congregation and one Lay Delegate for every ten students (or portion thereof) enrolled at the High School.
Responsibilities of the Delegates:
- Keeping their Member Congregation informed about the activities and progress of the Association.
- Serving as a liaison between their Member Congregation and the Association.
- • Generating support and goodwill for the programs of the Association and the High School.
- Annually electing members of the Board of Directors.
- Taking action on other matters as may lawfully and properly come before them.
- Approving changes to the Association’s Bylaws
- Approving new Congregations (LCMS/ELC or similar Lutheran body) into the Member Congregation with voting rights.